The Illinois High School Theatre Festival invites businesses, colleges, and universities to exhibit at this year's Festival. The exhibit area will be located in the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Set-up will begin at noon on Thursday, January 5, 2017. Any college or university planning to participate in the audition process at the Festival is required to provide an exhibit that will be staffed by its personnel. Everyone involved in staffing exhibits at the Festival must be officially registered as a participant with your company or university.
Festival participants will visit the exhibit area during the following hours:
Thursday, January 5, 2017 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday, January 6, 2017 8:00 am - 10:00 pm
Saturday, January 7, 2017 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Exhibitors are expected to stay through 3:00 pm Saturday!
Please note that exhibit space is LIMITED. Due to the increasing size of the Festival and the capacity of the facilities, exhibit spaces are at a premium and will fill quickly.
The $180 registration fee ($160 for Illinois Theatre Association members) includes an exhibit space that is 6'x5'x8' (6 feet wide by 5 feet deep by 8 feet tall), a skirted 6' table, 2 chairs, electricity, and up to 4 attendee registrations.
An online list of all exhibitors attending the 2017 Festival will be made available to all schools. During the registration process you will be asked if you would like to be included in this list. Please check YES and fill in your organization’s webpage URL. Your organization name and website address will be listed and will alert attendees to your presence at the Festival before the weekend arrives.
Please click here for information on Transportation, Parking, Meals and Lodging.
The deadline to register as an exhibitor is October 24, 2016 has been extended. After October 24th, an additional $50.00 registration late fee will be assessed as well as a $15.00 per person late fee.
REGISTER AS AN EXHIBITOR FOR THE FESTIVAL
On-site registrations will NOT be accepted.
- Please be aware that all exhibitors must provide their own audio-visual equipment and extension cords, as neither the University nor the Festival will be responsible for providing those items.
- Illinois Theatre Association policies do NOT permit the selling of merchandise by exhibitors during the Festival. Complimentary items (no food or liquids please) are encouraged!
- Photo or video of participants is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of the Illinois Theatre Association.
We appreciate the crucial service that exhibitors and workshop leaders provide for the Festival and students, but there are a few guidelines we must clarify:
- Any display, workshop, or promotion must clearly meet the needs of the students and/or sponsors attending the Festival.
- Educational recruiters must be connected to accredited institutions.
- Workshops cannot be used to actively sell products or services.
- Workshops and exhibitor participation must be of quality and valuable to the education and support of our students and sponsors.
The Festival Committee reserves the right to reject the participation of any exhibitor or workshop leader who they feel does not meet the above guidelines.
Please arrange to have your materials arrive at the Krannert Center for Performing Arts between January 3-5. KCPA is completely closed from December 24-January 2.
Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
IHSTF - Exhibitor Name
Attn: Kate Henry
500 Goodwin Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801
Your support of the Illinois High School Theatre Festival is greatly appreciated. By participating in the Festival, you help us touch the lives of more than 4,000 high school students, educators, and theatre professionals. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.